Spring is in full bloom and with the warmer weather we are looking forward to frequenting local farm stands and grocers that carry local, seasonal produce. The Ogden Farmer’s Market is always a favorite and it starts in June. (So soon!) We love getting out to support local growers and makers in the community. Stumbling upon an ingredient never before used is always a real treat, and finding old favorites is a delight.
In the spirit of trying new seasonal ingredients and discovering new ways to use old favorites, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite cookbooks that inspire us to utilize seasonal produce in beautiful, nourishing and delectable ways.
1. One Part Plant: A Simple Guide to Eating Real, One Meal at a Time – By Jessica Murnane
2. Naturally Nourished: Healthy Delicious Meals Made With Everyday Ingredients – By Sarah Britton
3. The First Mess Cookbook: Vibrant Plant-Based Recipes to Eat Well Through the Seasons – By Laura Wright
4. Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes – By Dana Shultz
5. The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out – By Angela Liddon
6. Dishing Up The Dirt: Simple Recipes for Cooking Through the Seasons – By Andrea Bemis
7. My New Roots: Inspired Plant Based Recipes for Every Season – By Sarah Britton
8. Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Sense and Nourish the Body – By Kathryne Taylor
9. Bowls of Goodness: Vibrant Vegetarian Recipes Full of Nourishment – By Nina Olsson
10. In My Kitchen: A Collection of New and Favorite Vegetarian Recipes – By Deborah Madison
Send us pictures of your culinary creations made with local, seasonal goodies on Instagram #loveutahfarms